The Columbus Police have asked us to watch out for mobile drug sales in our neighborhood. Drug transactions have moved from street corners and front porches to cars in almost every neighborhood.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR:
- A vehicle parked occupied by one or more individuals.
- These individuals will appear to wait for someone and never exit their vehicle. Vehicles will be non flashy vehicles.
- There will be a second car with one or more individuals and they will drive by the buyers, who will then follow behind the dealer’s vehicle. The dealer will drive around in the neighborhood until he feels it’s safe to stop. The dealer will then pull over as will the buyer and an individual from the buyers’ vehicle will enter into the dealer’s. Sometimes the deal will be conducted at that location. Typically, the dealer will drive around some more, conducting the transaction and stopping when it’s done.
- The buyer will return to his vehicle and they will drive away.
These deals are conducted quickly so please get as much detail as possible, esp. drivers license & vehicle type.
Don’t be alarmed if you don’t see a police car, they have their way of catching up with them.
WHAT TO DO:
- Get description of Both vehicles including license numbers.
- Get description of individuals
- Call 645-4545 with description/location etc. of suspicious vehicle.
- Let your Bw Coordinator, Pat Wood know. I will intern keep data from all resIdents & follow up with CPD Liaison, Officer Geis.
Rev. 7/13 pw
Did you know that a SWCA member is on the NCC Development Committee? This group of Civic Assoc. hears proposals for zoning changes within the Northland area. They in turn make recommendations to Columbus City Council. This group of persons/organizations are there to help protect the growth and integrity of the Northland Area. SWCA member is Barbara Shepherd.
These meetings are held the last Wednesday of each month @ 7:00 pm at the Northland Performing Arts Center, 4411 Tamarack Boulevard in the Northland Village complex & are open to the public.
(From This Week, written by Kevin Parks)
If your street has one of the “vacant” lots owned by the City of Columbus you may be interested in a way to purchase this lot esp. if it is adjacent to your property. Please click on links below to see how you can own this property/pw
You can also go to our website at landbank.columbus.gov and click on applications. The application will answer all their questions. If you have any other questions, please call 645-5263.
Sharon Woods Civic Association
P.O. Box 297974
Columbus, OH 43229
Civic Assoc. Board
President: John Kirkpatrick, 614-890-5417 firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Leila Bai – 614-286-1425 email@example.com
Secretary: Vern Courtright, 614-891-7734 firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Don Schneider, 614-882-6224 email@example.com
Barbara Bright, 1830 Dorsetshire Rd., 614-202-1315
Roger Heckel, 6169 Harrington Ct, 614-882-6245
Scotty and Mary Kay Kuder, 6355 Johnanne St., 614-891-5004
Deonna Maiden, 1932 Rockdale Dr., 614-561-5510
Ted Messner, 1861 Red Fern Drive, 614-891-1197
Agnes Oladejo-Lawal, 6366 Faircrest Rd., 614-726-0178
John Osmond, 6083 Darby Lane, 614-901-9174
Char Schneider, 6450 Skywae Drive,614-882-622
Barb Shepard, 6380 Birkewood St., 614-906-0533
Tom Wetterer, 6090 Sandgate Road, 614-882-1714
Pat Wood, 1706 Parkgate Road, 614-406-4829 (Block Watch/Code Issues/Development back up, & Web Site) firstname.lastname@example.org
Barbara Bright – email@example.com (also SWCA Facebook host)
Ann Keane firstname.lastname@example.org
www.cityofcolumbus.org (3-1-1; Trash; Quick City Links)
www.columbuspolice.org (File Report; Look at Crime Reports; Safety Info; Quick Links)
www.franklincountyauditor.org (property info)
www.swaco.org (recycling; How do I Get Rid of?)
www.sheriff.franklincountyohio.gov (Safety; Sexual Offender Notification; Tips)
www.columbuscityattorney.org (Filing a claim; Mediation Program; Nuisance Properties)
www.ohioattorneygeneral.org (consumer issues; information)
www.raidsonline.com (sign up and receive notification of some Police reports
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN SHARON WOODS PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING
There is current info about a Pit Bull Attack, Update on the Staffordshire Fire, 4th of July Parade & More
I am happy to communicate with you about our new web site. www.sharonwoodsca.org. I had to shut down sharonwoods.net however we have a better site and I am still working on it. I will need you to do a couple of things in order to receive notices.
1. Please use www.sharonwoodsca.org as your new site for Block Watch & Civic Assoc. information
2. Go to www.sharonwoodsca.org & look it over.
3. On the bottom right corner you will see “SIGN UP TO GET NOTIFICATIONS” This is important
PLEASE DO THIS. (I don’t share your e-mail address). By doing this you are a Subscriber and will automatically receive an e-mail telling you when something has been posted on the web site.
4. If you have difficulty accessing any information your computer may tell you to update or add Adobe Reader. Just follow the directions it gives you.
5. You can reply to postings however you may be asked to “register” which gives us an e-mail address to respond to.
6. Any comments please let me know.
Thanks for being a great neighbor & please register/subscribe to receive notifications.
Sharon Woods Trustee &
Block Watch Coordinator